Last night I dreamed that I was going through my day knowing that the people around me were going to kill me. I was in a school-like environment, but wasn’t in classes or a building – it just felt like school, if that makes sense. No one was chasing me – it was more of a feeling that it was inevitable. My anxiety in the dream got higher and higher, knowing that it was getting closer to the time that I was going to be killed. I kept thinking I didn’t want to die and frantically (but trying to be rational) trying to figure out a way to cheat my fate. The dream went on and on. It finally took ripping myself forcibly awake and out of the dream. I’ve been unnerved since.
I spent a little time looking up what the meaning of it might be. What I found:
- To dream that you are murdered, suggests that some important and significant relationship has been severed and you are trying to disconnect yourself from your emotions. It also represents your unused talents.
- Dreaming of actually being killed is a warning: Something in your life is “killing” your joie de vivre, and the situation should be rectified right away.
- Being killed may symbolize something that is causing great distress for you and needs to be addressed…
- Murder, murderers and victims in a dream are in no way connected with crime in real life. Nevertheless, the dream is a danger signal. It is an indication that the dreamer has, within his own consciousness, forcibly dissociated an aspect of his personality.
- Death in a dream can mean the death or change to a part of your personality or the end of a certain phase in your life.
- A dream that takes place in school may be a metaphor for the lessons that you are learning from your waking life.
I was never killed in my dream, but it felt certain and something that I wouldn’t be able to escape.
Think it might be a stressful time for me?Â
It’s interesting to me that one of the definitions/meanings of my dream is that I’m trying to disconnect myself from my emotions.Â Right now, I don’t feel stressed per se – but it’s apparent that I am.Â Anyway, I’m writing about this to steal some of the intensity and left over residual yuckiness that I’m feeling after having the dream.Â It usually helps to share – so here I am.